Live Chair Health is a pioneering digital health venture that is remedying minority health disparities, by improving health outcomes, healthcare costs and quality of care. Live Chair Health is addressing this dual racial equity and healthcare transformation mission by connecting ethinic minorities to recommended, covered healthcare providers and services through the trusted relationships, familiar places and pleasant routines of the barbershop, hair salon and places of worship.
We are looking for a VP / Head of Commercial Partnership Development and Revenue Growth who can contribute meaningfully to the development, management and optimization of Live Chair Health’s commercial partnerships. These partnerships will generate growing, recurring revenues to enable the rapid, capital-efficient scaling of the business, so it can achieve its ambitious goal of becoming the “front door to healthcare providers and services for people of color.”
The role, which reports to the CEO, will manage corporate and business development opportunities with prospective partners spanning the healthcare ecosystem, including:
- government payers (CMS, Medicaid, Medicare),
- commercial health plans,
- healthcare systems,
- government entities (i.e. state departments of health),
- other digital health ventures seeking to reach minorities.
The role will be responsible for the entire life cycle of a deal; from sourcing and structuring to negotiating and implementing, as we seek to build a portfolio of meaningful business partnerships and opportunities. As this portfolio of partnerships grows, the role will be responsible for building and scaling a high performing team to support this growth.
Importantly, the role will work cross-functionally, collaborating with everyone from marketing to product and engineering to sales. The ideal candidate is therefore a dynamic team player who will thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial atmosphere and who has a passion for Live Chair Health’s mission.
What You'll Do
- Build and scale a revenue-generating business within Live Chair Health’s fast-growing network, to capture and prioritize the many partnership opportunities that abound
- Develop revenue-generating strategic partnerships to help grow Live Chair Health across the healthcare system ecosystem
- Help prioritize leads, close deals, and plan partnership implementation
- Plan, track, and document projects to ensure individual and team revenue targets are being met
- Work closely with cross-functional colleagues including product, marketing, sales, creative and more to ensure a coordinated approach toward launching complex projects
- Research potential partnerships and provide background for pitches and partnership meetings
- Provide thought leadership in developing long term strategies and growth opportunities for Live Chair Health
- Work directly with Live Chair Health leadership team as you build and scale a meaningful business development organization
- 5+ years experience in business development or related functions, especially within related industries (healthcare, digital health, technology, SaaS.) Record of consistently exceeding goals
- A confident and eloquent communicator who has experience working with C-Suite contacts and leveraging access into deal making and building long-term, sustainable business strategies and deals
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is flexible and has high energy to get work done.
- A skilled operator who can understand complex business challenges and turn them into impactful solutions, pipeline and deal flow
- A team player who represents the Live Chair Health mission and values internally and externally
- Someone who manages time and prioritizes effectively to meet deadlines and partner expectations
- A passion for and desire to learn and speak about health equity, healthcare innovation, well-being, minority community-building
What We Offer
- Being part of a mission-driven company that’s truly making a difference in the lives of people of color
- Ability to develop within the company and shape our growth strategy
- A competitive compensation package, with equity
- A high-profile, media-friendly, big-upside venture serving a dual mandate -- to do well while doing good
The mission of Live Chair Health is to improve the health and extend the lives of people of color. African Americans die five years earlier than the rest of the population, and many other ethnic minorities live in poor health, primarily due to chronic diseases, like hypertension, diabetes, COPD, and now COVID.
Those chronic diseases can be prevented, managed or treated, if a person can be helped with their health habits, and get the right healthcare services from the right medical professional. But too often, African Americans and other ethnic minorities don’t have access to those health services and medical professionals.
Rather than requiring people of color to go into the traditional healthcare system, Live Chair Health is bringing healthcare services to the places and habits in people’s lives. Live Chair Health incorporates recommended healthcare services -- like health screenings, preventive care and support for healthy behaviors -- into the pleasant routine of getting a hair service in a familiar barbershop/salon from a trusted barber/stylist.
And by doing that, Live Chair helps improve health outcomes, optimize healthcare utilization & costs, and improve the quality of care. That creates value for all stakeholders -- hair professionals, their clients, medical professionals, the healthcare system, and the health plan.